|Please help improve this article or section by editing it for formatting, grammar, punctuation, accuracy and citation.
Further information might be found on the talk page.
Planet is a blog feed aggregator that is running in cosi. It will parse the given news feeds and then turn them into a single combined feed and web page.
Adding a New Blog
Once logged in as root on cosi.sr:
- Open the file: /var/www/planet/examples/fancy/config.ini
- Scroll to the bottom and add:
[http://link/to/blog/feed.rss] name = John Doe face = image_name.png #Note: this is optional
- Save the file
- Run the script: /usr/local/bin/planet-update.sh
All planet files are located in /var/www/planet/. These are ones of some notable importance:
- examples/fancy/index.php.tmpl — Template used for main page generation.
- examples/fancy/config.ini — Configuration file for planet.
When the /usr/local/bin/planet-update.sh script is executed, it just calls the planet.py python file. What will happen is planet will read the index.php.tmpl file and then create a normal browser-readable index file at /var/www/planet/output/index.php. Apache sees /var/www/planet/output as the root document folder for the website.