|Contact Person:||Benjamin Lannon and Jared Dunbar|
|Last Update:||January 2017|
|VM Host (Physical):||Bennu|
The COSI Wiki, informally known as docs, is the service that hosts this article that describes the COSI Wiki, and many other pages.
The wiki has been updated! Please contact the maintainer if you discover any issues.
It is currently hosted on a VM called docs
Make sure to follow the upgrade instructions for that release instead of blindly upgrading it, and make sure to have thorough backups before that (see below). Seriously, back this up. This wiki has a lot of history and it would be a shame to lose it.
Our wiki is mostly a pretty stock configuration of MediaWiki as found in Debian 8.2 jessie-backports
When copying, loosely do the following:
- Make a backup of the VM image on at least 2 different machines, and preform checksum on the image to make sure that you got it completely in one piece.
- Export the mysql database 'wikidb' to a .sql file
- Copy all files in the /images folder of the MediaWiki to a secure place.
- Set up a basic MediaWiki install with a different database name (or delete the database before you insert the new one).
- Compare the LocalSettings.php file and (with some common sense) move lines from the old one to the new one, especially the plugin includes and the permissions, email links, etc. Some flags are deprecated between versions, pay attention to that.
- Copy the images folder into the new install at the exact same path
- Import the old database into mysql with the same name
- Install the 3rd party extensions.
In general, set up short URL support as explained on the mediawiki wiki in addition to having the plugins below.
$wgUseTeX = true; # LaTeX support apparently $wgStrictFileExtensions = false; # allow file extensions that are "not safe" (ex, svg) $wgArticlePath = "/wiki/$1"; # part of the url shortening $wgDefaultUserOptions['forceeditsummary'] = 1; # force showing an edits summary $wgGroupPermissions['admin']['protect'] = true; # protected pages $wgGroupPermissions['admin']['createaccount'] = true; # only allow admins to create users # loads the two extensions wfLoadExtension( 'ParserFunctions' ); require_once("$IP/extensions/DynamicPageList/DynamicPageList2.php");